Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Don't Know

Crazy theatre, I can't get away from it. I love it even when I hate it. I'm always thinking/talking/doing theatre. And so far, all this thinking/talking/doing of mine has been entirely solo. No outside input, please; this is my art and I'll create it on my own. Thanks.

But you know, lately I've become dissatisfied with lonesome ole' me. I don't want to do it on my own anymore. Cuz I've been learning just how much I don't know about theatre. I suppose this realization should be somewhat discouraging to me, having styled myself a sort-of Lone Ranger type.

But once I put aside my arrogant assumption that I can somehow "arrive" on my own, or even at all, I find myself incredibly thrilled at how exciting it is not to know. Not knowing means there's a lot out there to know - to discover, explore, soak in; the opportunity for growth through the meeting of minds.

My art really is a work in progress. It never will be perfect. And for me, being someone who loves to create, the possibilities become endless. I hope even in heaven I won't know it all. That way I can keep learning.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home