Tuesday, July 3, 2007

Life Conclusions

There is something to be said for being independently wealthy. Having been 4 days out of my job and bearing the title "unemployed", I am blissfully enjoying the absence of any job demanding my time, care and attention.

Not that I haven't discovered certain things about myself, since leaving my job, to give me pause for concern. I have noticed over the past few days a rather alarming compulsive habit I have developed, brought out and pounded firmly into place in the deepest part of my being by nearly three years of work at a title company, that forces me to be constantly searching for and completing projects in a frantic sort of way - much as one might prepare for a battle or a political campaign.

Which bliss and alarming discovery lead me to two important conclusions: one is that I will need to marry a very rich man - and soon - so that I won't ever have to work at another job; my second conclusion is that I will either have to schedule a specific time each day to cease all flurry of activity (such as yesterday evening when my mom asked me if I was feeling well, because I was still sitting at the table after dinner was over, and I replied that I was just "trying to do nothing"), or I will need to make regular visits to a psychiatrist.

The beauty of it all is that by the time I marry my very rich man, I will be so good at "doing nothing" that I will be able to spend all day sitting at home and eating bon-bons and watching soap operas.

2 Comments:

At July 8, 2007 at 1:04 PM , Blogger Bekah said...

What a lovely plan, tell your rich man to send some wealth my way so Sean and I can get hitched too!

 
At July 12, 2007 at 9:44 AM , Blogger Debby said...

GREAT idea...I think I shall inform Chris of this plan ;)..it sounds amazing!!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home